Welcome to Hummingbird!
Become a "Registered User" now – Get certificate control without obligation!
What is a Registered User?
A Registered User is any lawyer, law firm or other organization that signs Hummingbird's Registered User Agreement, which provides that the Registered User will collect fees from consumers for any Pre-Filing or Post-Filing Certificates the Registered User decides to obtain from Hummingbird. Unlike other providers, Hummingbird charges no money in advance. Registered Users pay only for certificates that they elect to get from Hummingbird after their clients' completion of the counseling or education.
Please note: Consumers are not "Registered Users"- no consumer needs to register with Hummingbird.
What are the benefits of becoming a Registered User?
All Registered Users get a unique Tracking Number and Log-in Code.
- The Tracking Number lets Registered Users get an email when clients' certificates are ready.
- Registered Users who take advantage of a free sign-up with Grid Financial can receive a free notification of any clients eligible for mortgage modifications.
- You decide when to incur a certificate fee with Hummingbird. No upfront fees, no wasted money on certificates for clients that don't file or expired certificates.
- Hummingbird is approved* to provide Pre-filing and Post-filing Certificates in ALL districts in ALL States (and Territories).
- Hummingbird will not give legal advice or undermine any advice you have given to you clients:
- Hummingbird is a non-profit company, dedicated to consumer financial education.
- Hummingbird is unbiased. Hummingbird advises consumers about all of their financial alternatives, but will never advise a consumer to take a specific course of action.
- Hummingbird is not affiliated with any creditor and does not receive any funds or "kickbacks" from any financial institution, credit issuer, or other creditor-related sources.
- Hummingbird does not do DMPs (Debt Management Plans). DMPs are plans set up to collect money from consumers to pay the credit card companies and other creditors. Companies that provide Debt Management Plans receive a majority of their funding from such programs. Hummingbird believes that by not providing Debt Management Plans, it can avoid any possible conflict of interest and remain unbiased about a consumer's choices.
- Hummingbird won't try to sell your clients anything. Hummingbird's only source of funding is the cost it charges for providing its Credit Counseling and Financial Educational services and then only for consumers who wish to obtain a certification of completion.
- Easy to use web site: To save you and your clients valuable time, Hummingbird is dedicated to making its web site as simple to use as possible.
Pre-Bankruptcy Credit Counseling Session
- Fast turn-around time: Pre-Bankruptcy Credit Counseling certificates are available immediately after completion.
- Low Cost:
- The cost is $34 per case (North Carolina & Alabama).
- The cost is $49 per case in all other States & Territories.
The difference in cost is due to different counseling procedures under Hummingbird's approvals by UST and non-UST authorities.
- The Internet session is available 24 hours a day.
- Certified counselors and customer support are available from 7am to 11pm during the week and from 10am to 6pm over the weekend, Eastern Time.
Re: Post-Bankruptcy Financial Education
- Fast turn-around time: Your clients' Post-Bankruptcy Financial Education Certificates will be available within 24 hours of your clients' course completion.
- Clients can view the educational course on DVD or the Internet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: Once the course has been viewed, they merely need to complete a very short online survey. DVDs are available for a shipping and handling charge of $5.00 at www.hummingbirdcertifications.com
- Low Cost:
- The cost is $8 per person in North Carolina & Alabama.
- The cost is $19 per person in all other states.***
The difference in cost is due to different education procedures under Hummingbird's approvals by UST and non-UST authorities.
- Customer support is available to help from 7am to 11pm during the week and from 10am to 6pm over the weekend, Eastern Time.
Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of an Agency's services.
*Approved to issue certificates in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code.
** These states are under the Bankruptcy Administrator System.
*** All other states are under US Trustee System.